As the bells ring in a new year, it’s time to embrace all that comes with a fresh start. According to Tommy Shek, from planning exciting family adventures to setting healthy goals for the months ahead, there are lots of fun and meaningful activities you can do as a family this year! One great way to get started is by establishing health-focused resolutions for your whole crew– from choosing nutritious meals to carving out quality time together. Making small lifestyle changes will help each member of your family stay on track throughout the year. Keep reading for some simple but powerful resolution ideas you can use to create healthier and happier habits in 2020.
Tommy Shek Lists Healthy Family Resolutions For The New Year
1. Exercise Together: One of the best ways to get and stay healthy as a family is to exercise together, says Tommy Shek. Physical activity has many benefits, and it can help build strong bonds between family members, too. Encourage your family to exercise together for at least 30 minutes every day – you can go for a walk around the neighborhood, play tag in the yard, or even do an online workout class as a group!
2. Eat Healthier Meals: Eating healthier meals is one of the most important resolutions that families should make in order to improve their health and well-being. Start by replacing processed foods with more whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. And when possible, try to cook meals at home, as this will help you to control the ingredients and ensure that everyone is eating balanced meals.
3. Get More Sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for a healthy lifestyle – both physically and mentally. Encourage your family to get at least 7-9 hours of sleep every night, and keep electronics out of bedrooms to create a more restful environment. You can also establish a bedtime routine that helps you all wind down in preparation for a good night’s rest.
4. Spend Time Outdoors: Spending time outdoors is another great way to promote health and well-being within the family unit. Take regular trips to the park, take nature walks together, or visit local attractions – it doesn’t matter what you do, just as long as you’re outside and enjoying each other’s company. Not only will you be getting exercise, but the fresh air and natural light can also provide a boost to your mood.
5. Practice Mindfulness: Mental health is just as important as physical health, as per Tommy Shek. So make sure that your family takes time to practice mindfulness. This can involve anything from simple breathing exercises or guided meditations to activities like journaling or yoga. It’s important to take breaks from technology and devices in order to give everyone an opportunity for self-reflection and relaxation.
Tommy Shek’s Concluding Thoughts
According to Tommy Shek, by making these small changes within the home, your family can start off the new year with healthier habits that will help you all to live happier and healthier lives.